In 2013 the Riddu Riddu festival commisioned a piece by Ole Jørn Myklebust. With Namgar Lhasaranova from Buryatia, Russia (north of Mongolia) and Niillas Holmberg from Sápmi, it was set for a meeting between two of the most unique indigenous voices in the world today. Both represent their culture, music and tradition at a very high level, a remarkable collaboration between two voices that both contrast and complement each other.
Ole Jørn Myklebust made new arrangements to the traditional music from Buryatia, but also wrote new music with lyrics written by a poet from Buratia; Bayan Gunzinov with help from Namgar and Niillas.
The live-CD from the Riddu Riddu-concert will be released during spring 2014.
- Namgar Lhasaranova (vocals)
- Niillas Holmberg (vocals)
- Ole Jørn Myklebust (trumpet, xaphoon, vocals)
- Fredrik Ellingsen (guitar, electronics)
- Kjetil Dalland (bass)
- Herman Rundberg (drums, percussion)
- Evgeny Zolotarev (chanza)